I generally make bendakaya fry, bendakaya pulusu at home . I used to eat bendakaya koora/bendakaya tomato in India but never made it after I came to U.S . All of a sudden I felt like eating this curry and made it last week, so wanted to share in my blog. The pictures came out very good( unlike my other recipie pictures..:)) .. I guess I am getting little more professional while taking the pictures .Ingredients:

Okra
1 big Onion
5 to 6 chillies
curry leaves
2 tomatoes
chilli powder
cumin seeds
turmeric
hing
jeera
oil
coriander powder
salt to taste
- In a non stick pan do the popu or tadka ( 4 tsps oil, few mustard seeds, 1 tsp chana dal, 1 tsp jeera, 1 dry red chillie, curry leaves,pinch of turmeric and a pinch of hing) add the green chillies, onions and cook in medium heat till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add cut bendakaya to this and some salt, close the pan with a lid and allow it to cook till the okra is half cooked . Salt gives the required moisture for the okra to cook.
- Add chopped tomatoes to this and close with the lid.

- Cook till the okra is tender. Add chilli powder, coriander powder.
- You can even add cilantro instead of coriander powder.
1 comment:
I tried same procedure,curry is tasty. Thanks for sharing this.
Post a Comment