2008-07-14

Aloo Paratha

Finally I made aloo paratha....and they tasted really good...:) I realised where I was going wrong whenever I was making them..and now I can confidentally share this amazing recipie in my blog.




Ingredients :
Stuffing :
3 potatoes
2 lemon
2 tbsp chilli powder or chilli paste
salt to taste

Chapathi :
wheat flour
water







Method :
Making Dough :








  • Mix 100 gm flour with 75 ml water to form a soft dough.Knead the dough well till it is smooth.

  • Boil aloo and mash it into a fine paste.

  • Add lemon juice,salt,chilli powder/paste.Mash the aloo again

  • Make the dough into lemon sized balls





  • and roll out to required thickness.Keep sprinkling dry flour while rolling to avoid sticking.

  • Place the aloo stuffing at the center of chapathi.

  • Bring the ends to the center from 4 or 5 points.

  • Overlap ends so they do not leave an opening. Press gently, dust with dry flour, and proceed to roll.

  • Put the paratha on a preheated pan and bake both sides applying oil on both sides with a stapula.

  • Serve hot with lemon chutney,curd.








No comments: